If you hold a commercial license, then Atlassian allows you to generate a free developer license by following these steps:
- Log in to your Atlassian account.
- Under the “Licenses” heading, all of your licenses will be displayed. Click the plus sign next to any license to view its details.
- Click the ‘View Developer License’ link in the bottom right corner of the license detail panel, below your commercial license key. (Refer the image given below)
- Your new developer license will be generated and displayed in a popup window.
- You may generate more than one license key if running multiple pre-production servers, e.g. development, testing, and QA, servers.