Google sometimes give a “Less Secure App Blocked” Error when trying to set up Gmail as an SMTP provider in miniOrange.
This error usually comes up when you use your Account Email and Password as SMTP username and password or have 2FA enabled for your Gmail account.
- Sign in to Gmail
- Click here to access Less Secure App Access in My Account.
- Next to “Allow less secure apps: OFF,” select the toggle switch to turn ON.
- Visit the Display Unlock Captcha page and click Continue to remove the security block.
- Log-in into Gmail with your account
- Navigate to https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords
- In ‘select app’ choose ‘custom’, give it an arbitrary name and press generate
- It will give you 16 chars token.
- Use the token as password in combination with the full Gmail Account as SMTP credentials.
Incase you are having issues even after all that then feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org