If you encounter this warning in the plugin window, you will need to renew or upgrade your certificate in order to continue uninterrupted SSO between your WordPress site and your IDP.
- The latest version of the WordPress SAML SSO Plugin with the latest certificates.[How to get the latest version of the plugin?]
- Enable Sign SSO & SLO Requests option under the Service Provider Setup tab in the plugin.[What does sign SSO and SLO requests mean?]
- Navigate to the Manage Certificate tab in the plugin.
- Click on the Download Certificate button to download the new plugin certificate and keep it handy as you will need it further.
- Navigate to your PingOne Dashboard.
- In the left pane, click on Connections.
- Under the Connections tab, click on Applications.
- Select the application you have created for your WordPress site.
- In the selected application, navigate to the Configuration tab.
- Scroll down to the SAML Settings section and click on Edit option.
- Choose the option of Sign Assertion and Response and check the Enable Encryption option.
- Under the Certificate section, upload the certificate you have downloaded from the plugin and click on Save.
- Now, navigate back to the plugin and in the Manage Certificate tab, click on the Test Connection button.
- If your Test Connection is successful, click on the Apply Certificate button to apply the latest certificate in the plugin.
- You will be prompted with the dialog box of Are you sure you want to upgrade?
- Click on the Confirm Upgrade button.
- You have successfully upgraded the certificate.
Note: If you are not using the sign SSO and SLO Requests option, and if your IDP is not sending encrypted assertions, then you can simply follow the steps from step 11
Now to upgrade the certificate follow the below steps:
If you are still facing any issues then feel free to reach us at email@example.com.