There can be two possibilities for this error:
- The identity provider configured by you is not passing the email attribute key to Shopify.
- Email value is passed in an attribute key other than the “email” key such as NameID, profile, emailid, etc by your IDP.
As email is a required entity in Shopify for account creation as well as login operation, Single Sign On is not successful in this case. To resolve this error, please follow these steps:
- Visit the developer’s console of the required IDP.
- Go to the application you configured for setting up the Shopify SSO application.
- Go to the attributes section.
- Check if the email is present in the attributes list. If not, add an email attribute.
- If the email already exists, check the claim name for the email attribute. Copy the name.
- Paste the value in the “Email” field of the Attribute mapping section of the Single Sign On – SSO application.
- Save your configurations.