You can get locked out for different reasons. To gain access please try one of the methods below:
- If you have a soft token-based 2FA method like Google Authenticator / Authy, Microsoft Authenticator or LastPass, etc. then click here here for instructions on syncing the app with the server.
- If you had setup KBA questions earlier, you can use them as an alternate method to login to your website. ( if the backup method is available in your plugin version )
- For this, you need access to your database. It is recommended only to users who know how to use it.
In the WordPress database, in the wp_options table, search for mo2f_activate_plugin key and update its value to 0. 2FA will get disabled and you will be able to login to your site with your WP username + password. After entering the site, you can reconfigure your 2FA method.
- Login to your WordPress site with other admin credentials.
- Navigate to the Users tab.
- Click on All users.
- Tap on the Reset 2 factor option of the user who is unable to login. it will disable the 2FA for that particular admin user.
- Open the server where your WordPress files are stored.
- Go to wp-content plugins folder.
- You will see the “miniorange-2-factor-authentication” folder.
- Rename the folder (Do not change anything else). It will deactivate the plugin.
- Now login to your site.
- You can activate again from Plugins Installed plugins.